Thank you very much to the following blogs for nominating us for the Liebster Award.
- Little Swag of Books
- The Obsessive Reader
- Book Paper Cut
- Books Beauty and What Not
- Books for the Young at Heart
- Abigail Robyn Brown
It is an award passed on by bloggers to new blogs worth reading (blogs with less than 200 followers). It’s very exciting to be nominated, and in turn to nominate 11 others!
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
- LIST 11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOU.
- ANSWER THE QUESTIONS THAT WERE ASKED OF YOU (BY THE BLOGGER THAT NOMINATED YOU).
- NOMINATE 11 OTHER BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER BLOG AWARD AND LINK TO THEIR BLOGS.
- NOTIFY THE BLOGGERS OF THEIR AWARD.
- ASK THE AWARD WINNERS 11 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER ONCE THEY ACCEPT THE AWARD.
11 Facts about the ladies at Book Gossips!:
- We love watching the red carpet show, before the Academy Awards and the Golden Globes and gossip about the celebrities selected dress etc.
- We cant wait to watch The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie in August!
- We are also counting down for the Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters movie to come out in Feburary next year.
- We love going to rock concerts, just recently went to Kiss and Bon Jovi…basically any rock band that comes to Perth…we all go too!
- We love Musical Theatre.
- We love to travel – our favourite city being New York!
- We love to excercise, whether its Pilates, Yoga or Gym work.
- We all have a soft spot for comedy…greatest comedian of all time without a doubt would be Eddie Murphy!!
- Our favourite day of the year is Christmas Day!
- We love to go out to the pub to have a few drinks and dance the night away!
- We love to debate over subjects that we are passionate about at that time.
Answers To Questions Asked by Little Sway of Books; Answered by DEBBY at Book Gossips
- What inspires you? Reading, nature, driven and innovative people
- Which languages do you speak? English
- What was the last holiday you went on? Visited San Fransico and Napa/Sonoma Valley….it was amazing!!!
- Do you carry an umbrella with you in case it starts raining? I will carry it with me and it won’t rain, I will forget it at work and then it will pour…always the way!
- How long have you been blogging for? We are new to the blogosphere…only about 2 months.
- Why do you blog? The Book Gossips girls want to share our passion for reading with like minded people!
- If you could speak any language fluently, which would you choose, and why? Italian…so i can understand what all the family members are talking about at our get togethers!
- Poetry or prose? Both! Poetry is the express train that delivers a ride you can reflect upon while prose is the ship exploring the open seas carrying you on a journey you won’t soon forget!
- Which is the book which has made the greatest impact on you? Patrick Rothfuss’s Kingkiller Chronicles, his world building, imagination and storytelling blow my mind. I cannot wait for the 3rd installment!!!
- Summer or winter? Summer
- What is your favourite song? Glycerine by Bush
Answers To Questions Asked by The Obessive Reader; Answered by LAURA at Book Gossips
- What is your favorite quote or saying? (And where’s it from/Who said it?) Silence is Silver, But Music is Gold! I saw it in a quote book once and never forgot it….I cant remeber who said it though…
- If you could travel back in time, which year would you travel back to (and why)? I would travel back to the 17/1800’s! I just love how the fashion was so flamboyant! And I would love to wear a beautiful big dress everyday!
- What was your big dream as a child? To sing!
- What was your biggest fear as a child? Ghosts….and crawling insects…
- Which book would you really want to experience on the big screen? The Succubus Blues series by Richelle Mead.
- If you were an animal, which animal would you be? A Cat!
- Disney Channel or News Channel? Disney Channel! the News is always too depressing…
- Tell us something really weird and random that has stuck to your memory? ummm..its impossible to lick your elbow…
- Finish this sentence: My weirdest habit is … wiggling my toes…I don’t even realize I’m doing it, and my husband hates it!
- What is your favorite book? Way too many favorites to choose from!
- Approximately, how many hours a day do you spend on Facebook/Twitter etc. ? Probably about 2 hours a day..on and off tho!
Answers To Questions Asked by Book Paper Cut; Answered by NICOLE at Book Gossips
- What are your 3 go-to books when it comes to giving out book recommendations? There is so many but at the moment but I would say – Wallbanger by Alice Clatyon – For a good laugh, Beautiful Disaster by Jamie Mcguire for a good love story and Hopeless by Colleen Hoover for an emotional read.
- Why did you start blogging? We wanted to share our passion about books with people who are as passionate as we are.
- Zombies, vampires, or werewolves? Vampires
- If you could meet any living person in the world, who would you meet? Any celebrity would be awesome since living in Perth, we dont ever have any come here LOL but I would love to meet Richelle Mead and have a coffee with her.
- What was the last thing you read, watched, and listened too? Playschool, I have a 3 year old daughter, so I dont have any control over the TV!
- Of the books you have read this year, which is your favorite? That is so hard for me to say, since I have read some really great books this year…its a toss up between Wallbanger and Hopeless…its Funny verses Emotional?
- What is your zodiac sign? Piesces and I think I am a Monkey?
- What is your favorite quote. Carpe Diem – Seize the Day!
- Who would you: marry? befriend? hate? (book characters) Kellan Kyle from the Thoughtless Series, I could marry. America from Beatiful Disaster or Caroline from Wallbanger I could befriend and hate? I guess all the villians in the books?
- How long have you been blogging? We went live in March this year.
- What are your hobbies? Pilates and Body Combat classes other than that, I just Read!
Answers To Questions Asked by Book Beauty and What Not; Answered by DEBBY at Book Gossips
- What is that biggest goal in your life to date that you wish to accomplish? I would love to write a book.
- What made you blog? The four of us found that everytime we got together we were talking about books…finding that we all shared this passion inspired us to share that love with the world!
- Who/What inspires you to work better or succeed in school? Definitely my husband, he is the most driven, motivated and success oriented person I know, whether it is a passion or an obligation, he applies himself to achieve perfection and that is inspirational.
- Who’s your ideal Hollywood actor and actress? I have always had a thing for Leonaro DiCaprio and I think Julia Roberts is simply timeless.
- What’s the greatest gift you ever gave to a person? Love and forgiveness are the greatest gifts in life and I have forgiven and loved a lot of people in my life 🙂
- If ever you’re given a chance to go backwards in life, what age would you want to be at and why? 23 was my favourite age; I graduated from University and moved to a Caribbean island.
- What supernatural powers do you wish to have and why? Healing powers – so I would never have to watch someone I love suffer and time travelling so I could go back in time and visit with those important people who are no longer with me.
- What are the things you collect? Stuffed frogs, books and shoes.
- What’s the weirdest thing have you done to date? Eating escargot…I know some people like the dish but I think eating snails is weird.
- What’s the book you’ll recommend for me to read? Patrick Rothfuss’s Kingkiller Chronicles
- If you’re not reading, what are you doing on your spare time? Listening to music, engaging in social media of all sorts (with a particular addiction to Pinterest), playing with my dog, spending time with my husband, friends and family and any other activity to avoid cleaning the house!!
Answers To Questions Asked by Books for the Young at Heart; Answered by LAURA at Book Gossips
- What has inspired you this week? Nothing has inspired me this week, but i have somehow found motivation to go back to the gym!
- What do you like about blogging? I like writing the reviews the best, and reading our followers comments on my reviews to see if they agree/like it or not.
- Pirates vs. Ninjas? Pirates!
- What are you reading right now? Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- Where is your favourite place to visit? Venice, Italy!
- What is one thing you’d like to accomplish this year? I leave for Europe and America in June!
- Facebook vs. Twitter? Facebook
- What’s your go-to book/author? Josephine Cox or Richelle Mead
- Where would you love to travel? America,all of Europe, and i would love to go to Austria…
- What are you waiting on, if anything? Nothing at the moment…just my holiday! (one month to go!)
- What’s the best part of spring (or whatever season you’re currently enjoying)? I am actually a Winter girl as I love the cold and the rain! Perfect weather for snuggling up with a good book…!
Answers To Questions Asked by Abigail Robyn Brown; Answered by NICOLE at Book Gossips
- What is your favourite book? I have way too many books in my favourite bag. I just dont have one!
- If you were standed on an island, what would be the three things you would choose to have with you? 3 different books LOL!!
- If you could meet anyone in the whole world who would it be? Any celebrity would be awesome since living in Perth, we dont ever have any come here LOL but I would love to meet Richelle Mead and have a coffee with her.
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
- Favourite subject in school? Art
- Best place you have ever been to? New York City
- Chocolate or Sweets? Chocolate
- What made you start your blog? We wanted to share our passion about books with people who are as passionate as we are.
- Last song you listened to? Justin Timberlakes new song: Mirrors
- What is your guilty pleasure? Hmmmm….!!!!! SShhhhhh….Lol!
- What do you love about blogging? Connecting with these fantasic people, who share the same passion as I do!
11 Questions For Our Nominees:
- What made you create a Blog?
- How long have you been Blogging?
- If you could meet any one in the world, who would you meet and why?
- What is your Favourite Book?
- What Book are you counting down to be released?
- What is your Favourite Movie?
- What is your Favourite TV Series?
- Who is your Favourite Author?
- What is your Favourite Song right now?
- Are you a Summer or Winter person?
- If you could travel to any city in the world, where would you go and why?